Every parent knows that baby oil is a necessity in any home with a newborn. It keeps their skin soft and snuggle-able year-round. But what you might not know is that the infant-friendly oil is great for tons of other things.
From removing paint from your skin to getting gum out of your hair, the baby product should actually be thought of more as a bathroom — or even home — essential.
1. Put a thin layer of the oil on any exposed skin during the winter — it will prevent frostbite.
2. Avoid harsh chemicals near your eyes by removing makeup with the oil.
3. Rub paint-covered hands with some baby oil to remove it in no time.
4. Remove temporary tattoos simply by rubbing them with a washcloth and a few drops of the oil.
5. Add some of the oil to your next bubble bath and come out feeling silky-smooth, not prune-y.
6. Don’t resort to cutting your hair if you get gum in it — just apply some oil, let it sit for a few minutes, and brush it out.
You’ll want to wash your hair after.
7. Rub baby oil onto cracked heels daily and your feet will feel so smooth in just a few days.
8. Untangle a cherished necklace by placing a drop on the trouble spot and using a toothpick to work out the knot.
9. If you shave with baby oil not only will it prevent nicks and cuts, it’ll also moisturize along the way.
10. Dab a drop or two on a stuck zipper and it’ll move along in moments.
11. Got a squeaky door hinge? Apply some baby oil to stop the annoying sound.
12. If you’re doing an at-home manicure, rub some oil around your nails. You can wipe away any polish mistakes at the end.
13. If it’s a good massage oil for babies, it’s a good one for grown-ups, too!
14. Apply a few drops of oil in your ear to soften wax buildup.
Rinse it out with warm water after a few days, according to the Mayo Clinic.
15. A gentle but effective wooden furniture polish, you can buff pieces with baby oil.
16. Mix a teaspoon of the oil with one half teaspoon of sugar and some drops of lemon juice — use that as a lip scrub nightly!
17. Prevent soap scum buildup by coating your shower walls with a thin layer of the oil.
18. Can’t stand the pain when you take off Band-Aids? Coat it with oil, let it sit, and it’ll come off when you pull it.
There you have it…turns out, baby oil — not just for babies anymore!
Which use surprised you the most?